Golden State of Mind
I think so many of us get so wrapped up in the day to the day that we forget to take care of ourselves. We then justify it because "we deserve it." I think this leads to feeling overwhelmed on the day to day and then you find yourself at a breaking point. I know I do. Just a couple weeks ago I had so much on my plate and not enough sleep that I found myself cancelling my Monday and heading to get a massage and facial. I just needed a treat, and something to calm me down and refresh me.
So I was thinking of ways to avoid this from happening in the future. What are daily ways I can "treat" myself and calm myself so I am better in the long run? One of my favorite bloggers Gala Darling loves to preach gratitude, which I used to practice on the daily but like all good habits I let slip away.
A Wednesday Gratitude List
- That I have the time daily for 10 to 20 minutes of yoga
- Having two best friends that know me
- For Tess Whitehurt's aura cleansing meditation, that's only 8 minutes long and so effective
- Amethyst colored Chanel sunglasses with pearl detailing
- The magical feeling from spotting Angeline's pink corvette in Hollywood last night
- Getting a good nights rest in only 4 hours
- Finding the perfect material supplier that also offers custom coloring
- Finding pink peonies at Ralph's-this never happens
Another way I thought would be to make a list of things that I love and remember to do them daily or weekly depending on the time frame. Little things like enjoying fresh colorful flowers in my home, taking my laptop to the beach so I can put my toes in the sand and design cost sheets. Practice ten minutes of yoga if that's all I have time for versus not doing it at all because there's no time to get to a class. Enjoy dessert. Hello cheesecake. Go for a walk.
What do you do to take care of your piece of mind?
Tell me on the Twitter @xoVivianVette